Benefits of using an air purifier:
- Keep your loved ones, away from the risk of being a passive smoker. Passive smoking is equally or even more dangerous to nonsmokers and the risk of causing cancer is very high in those cases. An air purifier having HEPA filter reduces around 99.97 of pollutants of smoke in the air and helps to keep it fresh and antimicrobial.
- With the help of carbon filtration technique air purifiers help to eliminate odors, airborne flu virus particles or bacteria which can cause serious health problems to both young and old family members
- Apart from that an air purifier with ultraviolet & carbon sanitizer helps to remove unpleasant odors, allergens, dust and airborne irritants through its electrostatic ionization technique.
Air purifiers from different brands are available at a price anywhere between $85 to $1500. Many companies like Honeywell, whirlpool, Mi, Phillips, Levoit and many other big companies are providing multiple options of air purifiers in the market depending on your requirements and personal choice. Here is the list of few well-known brands of air purifiers available in the market that really stand out from others in terms of performance and exclusive features.
Below is our summary table with the best air purifiers for 2018.
|Product||CADR||Room Size (sq ft)|
|Coway AP-1512HH Mighty||Dust – 246 / Pollen – 240 / Smoke – 233||240||Learn More|
|GermGuardian AC4825||Smoke – 100+ (Estimated)||100||Learn More|
|Levoit LV-H132||Smoke – 110||85 – 110||Learn More|
|Winix 5500-2||Dust – 243 / Pollen – 246 / Smoke – 232||240||Learn More|
|Alen BreatheSmart||Smoke 270 – 300 (estimated)||270 – 300||Learn More|
|Honeywell HPA-300||Dust – 320 / Pollen – 300 / Smoke 300||300||Learn More|
|Winix WAC9500||Dust – 182 / Pollen – 194 / Smoke 183||180||Learn More|
|Whirlpool Whispure||Dust – 325 / Pollen – 401 / Smoke 315||340||Learn More|
|Biota Bot MM208||Smoke – 210 (estimated)||210||Learn More|
|Honeywell 50250-S||Dust – 250 / Pollen – 250 / Smoke 250||250||Learn More|
Air Purifiers– All what you need to know about them!
Welcome to a world where there is an essence of purity in the air everywhere and all human beings are enjoying clean and fresh air in their respective environments! The idea seems to be quite insignificant and ridiculous considering the fact what the world is experiencing today, the ever-increasing air pollution or contamination of air by chlorofluorocarbon, increasing dust, burning of fossil fuels, factory combustibles and exponentially growing motor vehicles all around the world, not only deteriorating air quality in the environment but also contributing towards making it dull, unhealthy, menacing and fatal.
In such circumstances buying an air purifier could be a viable option and it sounds like an imperative idea when all the advantages are associated with inhaling the pure air at our surroundings especially at indoors because often the air inside our home is much more polluted as compared to the air outside.
An air purifier is a device which removes harmful air pollutants and contaminants from the air inside the room. Air purifiers are designed and manufactured in a way that these devices filter all the harmful air pollutants at indoors and let you breath pure air. There are plenty of air purifiers from different brands available in the market. The price range of these air purifiers varies depending upon their quality, power, and features.
Do air purifiers really work?
The main function of an air purifier is to clean the indoor air by removing impurities like tiny dust particles, pollen, smoke along with other airborne irritants and microbes which often cause allergy and other harmful diseases. There are different kinds of air purifiers available in the market depending upon the personal requirements of person to person. For an instance, air purifiers for smoke would possibly be very different from the air purifiers for dust. Before coming to any decision to purchase an air purifier you just need to analyze your personalized needs and requirements for what you are going to purchase it.
- Coway AP-1512HH Mighty
This compact and powerful offering from Coway is a true example where innovation meets quality and as well as looks. The powerful air purifier is designed and built in such a way that despite its small size of 42.7*24*5 cm and weight around 5.6 Kg, it is capable to cover a large living room of size up to 528 square feet. Apart from that, it offers four-stage filtration process to remove allergens, odors and other airborne contaminants.
- Equipped with BAF certified ECO HEPA filtration technology to capture 99.7% of dust, allergens, smoke, other airborne irritants and particle as small as 0.3 microns.
- Four stage filtration process includes washable pre-filter to capture large particles, deodorization filter to eliminate smaller particles, bad odors, and harmful gases. Vital Ionization process to boost the cleaning power and freshening of air.
- Economical and Efficient as Eco mode saves energy by automatically stopping the fan when the required level of air quality is reached.
- Easy handling and operation along with attractive & intuitive display.
Although it doesn’t hold best Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) scores, it posses a number of cleaning features with sturdy and portable design.
Why to buy it?
Portable, sturdy and beautiful design along with economic and energy efficient technology with loads of features.
The Coway AP-1512HH is an energy efficient air purifier which not only takes care of your health but also friendly towards saving your monthly energy bill. With its compact size and loads of features, it is undoubtedly among the best air purifiers available for small areas.
2. Germ Guardian AC 4825
The Germ Guardian AC4825 comes into a standing size of 22 inches and weighing around 71 lbs which is very much ideal to use in medium-sized rooms. It has been designed to remove all allergens from the air that it discharges. This mean machine possesses three in one technology in its single unit along with affordable price range which in itself is a contributing factor to make it cheap and best among other air purifiers.
- True HEPA filtration mechanism makes it enable to capture 99.97% of dust, mold spores, plant pollens and allergens as small as .3 microns.
- UV-C light technology is very much effective in killing or neutralizing harmful viruses, bacteria and other germs and microorganism which are main cause of various harmful diseases.
- It also comprises of odor reduction stands which reduce common household odors from pets, cooking and smoking.
- Apart from that it is incredibly CADR rated 100+ and has energy star rating which makes it power efficient.
- Although Germ Guardian AC4825 is smaller and stylish in its built its capacity is limited to small and medium-size rooms.
- It has replaceable filters and works best when used with genuine Germ Guardian filters. Any use of generic filters would be definitely going to affect its working efficiency.
- AC 4825 sounds little noisy to some users as it produces a noticeable noise at higher settings. Although the manufacturer claims that it is quiet and noise free but leaving rest of the things apart it is not an ultra quiet purifier.
Why to buy it?
3 in 1 cleaning system of AC4825 and its true HEPA filter at the price range of $100 make it really affordable among its competitors. Apart from that it also offers an option of replaceable filters. Energy star rating adding another feather to its cap by reducing the load of ever increasing electricity bills to its users.
Germ Guardian AC 4825 is really a champ and a strong performer as far as its overall features and price are compared with that of other air purifiers available in the market. It is able to keep your home fresh and sanitized by its 3 in 1 purifying technology. It is highly recommended for those users who want to buy an affordable and an efficient air purifier with best features.
3. Levoit LV- H132
The Levoit LV- H132 is a smart and powerful air purifier which is sufficient for improving the air quality of room measuring up to 90 square feet. A single unit of H132 air purifier measures 9.7*9.8*14.6 inches and weighs around 6.6 pounds. Because of its compact and ultra lightweight design, it emerges as one of the strong contenders among other purifiers.
- It boasts of 3 filtration stages as it employs a pre-filter, a true HEPA filter, and carbon filter. Hence, it is an ideal air purifier for those who suffer from allergies, nasal stuffiness, passive smoking and infections from airborne microbial and irritants.
- H 132 has other important features such as intuitive touch controls, handy and comfortable to carry from one room to another because of its lightweight and compact design.
- Apart from that, H 132 air purifier comes with elegant nightlight mode which creates a pleasant and calm ambiance in the room. It also comes with a replacement indicator which in turn helps you to remind that it’s time to change air filters.
- Levoit LV- H132 is not effective for larger or medium sized room.
- The air filter of this purifier is neither washable nor reusable.
Why to buy it ?
The Levoit LV-H132 air purifier has all the necessary factors which make it a worth buy. Its cheap cost with the presence of three-stage filtration technology and noise reduction technology are some of the factors which a buyer can consider to buy it. Apart from that, it has a power of 28 watts which will definitely save money over time. Smart and intuitive touch controls with easy handling.
As it is a well-known fact that each and every product offers some different features but LV-H132 air purifier is engineered and developed so well that being a compact and small in its size, it covers all the features in its single unit. Cheap cost, easy handling, smart and intuitive touch controls and 3-stage filtration, the single machine with multiple features is your priority then Levoit LV-H 132 is worth considering.
4. Winix 5500-2
Winix 5500- 2 is a powerful and innovative air purifier which is suitable for medium to large size room of up to 360 square feet. Winix 550-2 is a modern and updated version of its famous and popular model 5500. The new Plasma Wave technology in 5500-2 creates Hydroxyls to instantly neutralize bacteria, Odor and harmful gases, VOCs while emitting Ozone with no harmful effects. This performance-oriented purifier weighs around 15.4 pounds and has body volume of 15*8.2*23.6 inches. It is technically designed and developed to suit any kind of home environment and very much ready to capture smoke, mold spores, volatile organic compound, dust, pollen, pet danger and other household odors.
- Winix 5500-2 covers large area up to 360 square feet. It is able to tackle particles as small as 0.3 microns
- It uses 3 layers of filtration process with an initial layer of activated carbon which offers great protection against household odors from cooking, smoking, and pets. Secondary, a true HEPA filter which captures 99.7% of airborne allergens including mold spores, pollen, dust, and microbes. The last filtration stage is known as Winix patented Plasmaware technology, which releases hydroxyls and provides a clean and pure air by neutralizing bacteria, VOCs while emitting no harmful ozone.
- Different LED lights which indicate the purity of air at indoors. Along with this it has filter replacement indicator to notify you about the right time to change the filters.
- Less noisy and auto adjusting fan
- Energy star which saves your monthly electrical expenses.
- No any such disadvantage except a little costlier than other basic regular air purifiers.
Why to buy it?
The better and heavy duty AOC carbon filter with plasma wave technology, availability of remote control and truly smart sensors makes it a worth buy product.
Winix 5500—2 is a smart and powerful air purifier with lots of advanced features in its kitty. The automatic settings and level indicators allow user to enjoy pure air with hassle-free smart technology. If you are really looking for an air purifier with best features, covers a large area of your indoor and also friendly towards saving your monthly electricity expenses, then Winix 5500-2 is one of the best options for you.
5. Alenbreathe Smart:
Alen Breathesmart HEPA air purifier is a great product which offers 42% greater airflow, better area coverage with minimal noise production. It is ideal air purifier for large space coverage up to 1100 square feet. A single unit of Alen Breathsmart air purifier measures 26*17.75*10 inches and weighs 21 lbs. It has a very simple operation with the advanced technology of air purification.
- A unique air purifiers with 4 HEPA filters for advanced purification and better options as per your changing needs
- Covers large space of 1100 square feet
- Smart sensor to sense the air quality and high grade filters to provide you the best air quality.
- 14 different panel color options to match your best choice and customizing needs.
- Energy star certified, consume only 105 watts on high speed. Thus , a true air purifier devoted towards saving your electrical bills.
- 4 speed fan with automatic mode which functions by detecting the air quality inside the room.
- The optional ozone safe ionizer in Alenbreathe air purifier could be little harmful to a person suffering from asthma or any breath related problems.
- It uses only HEPA filter rather than using True HEPA filter.
Why to buy it?
Alen Breathesmart features four step air purification with HEPA filtration and Ozone safe ionizer inside it charge particles which causes them to stick together and get captured easily. Energy star certification along with additional whisper max technology enables you to save electricity bills and allows you to enjoy non-disturbing and peaceful ambiance at your indoors.
Alen Breathesmart HEPA is a brilliant and smart air purifier which works smartly depending upon your choice of air quality. The air sensor along with HEPA filtration provides you clean and pure air by removing dust, pollen, mold spores, smoke and other unwanted odors. It is a perfect choice for those who are looking for an air purifier with large area purification capacity along with multiple customization options.
6. Honeywell HPA- 300
Honeywell HPA 500 is a high-end allergen capturing air purifier along with True HEPA filter which captures 99.7 % airborne particles larger than .3 microns. It is extremely well designed to ensure clean and pure air inside your premises. A single unit of HPA 300 measures 24.02* 22.05* 12.99 inches and weighs 21 pounds.
- The main advantage of HPA 300 air purifier is that it is exclusively engineered to track and eliminate allergen at high ratio as compared to other air available air purifiers in its price range.
- It covers medium and large area up to 465 square feet.
- HPA 300 has automatic shut off timer working at multiple frequencies of two, four or eight hours.
- It has three levels of air cleaning including HRF- AP1 and True HEPA filter HRF- R3 which ensures capturing of 99.7% allergens as small as .3 microns, dust smoke, pollens and along with that, it also captures unwanted odors, VOCs, airborne germs and microbes.
- HPA 300 is CADR rated 300 and AHAM certified product which is a proof of its best quality and perfect design.
- The plastic quality is not much satisfactory as when HPA 300 runs for long hours, it sometimes gives a feeling of stinky smell in the environment.
- Filters are little expensive as compared to other players available in the market. Also lacks sleep mode and remote control options.
- A bit larger in size and little expensive than its other counterparts.
Why to buy it?
Honeywell HEPA 300 offers a variety of features such as extra inclusive options for allergen and turbo mode which effectively removes dust, allergens, and smoke from your indoors to keep it clean and pure. A goodwill factor of brand Honeywell and good customer support are other features which makes it a worth buying.
If you are looking for an air purifier which is not only durable, impressive with its design but also an ultimate technological device which gives you pure and clean air at your surroundings, then Honeywell HPA 300 is a perfect choice for you.
7. Winix WAC 9500
Winix WAC 9500 is a new age smart air purifier and often known as Ultimate Pet True HEPA air cleaner. It is specially designed and built to keep advanced control of pet, unwanted household odors and allergens. It covers small to medium area up to 284 square feet. This smart and ergonomically built air purifier provides all sorts of functions including auto mode, remote control, and ultra purification mode.
- Winix WAC 9500 features 5 stages of air purification which includes washable Pre-filter, AOC Carbon Filtration, Clean Cel Protected, True HEPA filtration and Plasma Wave Technology.
- It offers great protection against VOCs, odors from cooking, pets, smoking, pollen, mold spores, dust, pet danger and airborne allergens.
- It also offers the option of washable pre-filters.
- Auto adjustable fan speed to keep you out of worry and also features notification signal to replace filters on time. Sleep mode enables you to have a sound sleep with very little noise and dimmed display panel.
- Energy star enables you to save electricity bill and ARB certification ensures you to provide clean and pure air without emitting harmful ozone ions.
- Replacement filters of Winix 9500 are little expensive.
Why to buy it?
The Winix WAC 9500 is well designed to meet all of your air purification needs. Five step cleaning process with advanced automatic controls and notification sensors makes a definite reason to go for it. The low operating cost and ample coverage area to provide you economical, clean and pure air around is the sole aim of this smart and ergonomic air purifier.
It is best recommended for those people who live with pets in their house and looking for an air purifier at an affordable cost and also protect them against germs, allergens, dust, smoke and unwanted odor.
8. Whirlpool Whispure AP51030KB:
Whirlpool is a well-known brand in the arena of home appliances all around the world. It has some premium offerings of air purifiers and Whispure AP51030KB is among one of them.
It offers True HEPA filtration and able to cover a large area of about 500 square feet. A single unit of AP51030KB air purifier measures 10*20.5*24 inches and weighs 20.5 pounds.
- It offers 3 stage filtration process to provide you fresh and clean air by removing dust, pollen, allergens , mold spores, smoke and odors.
- Excellent CADR score of 315 and Energy star qualified.
- It filters the air 4.8 times per hour as it features advanced turbo settings to clean and clear the air quickly.
- Sleep mode for quiet functioning and reduction of energy consumption.
- The Whirlpool Whispure AP51030KB doesn’t offer auto mode option to balance the air quality inside the room on its own.
- Lack of remote control
Why to buy it ?
Whispure AP51030KB offers loads of features to provide clean and healthy air with the help of 3 stage filtration process. It is capable of covering large and spacious rooms and provides effective cleaning of your indoors. Energy star enables you to make a halt on your monthly electrical expenses by reducing your electricity bill.
The Whirlpool Whispure AP51030KB is a wonderful air purifier with its powerful cleaning technology.It proves to be an ideal device to those who are looking a heavy duty, robust, noise-free and efficient air purifier. Despite lacking in some features, high CADR scores and Energy star rating makes it a worth buying.
9. Biota Bot MM208
The new Biota Bot MM208 air purifier offers 7 stages of filtration which makes it undoubtedly the best product in its category. It offers large area coverage of 430 square feet. This powerful air purifier provides best air quality and It has all the features to remain a valuable possession at your indoors.
- It features seven stage air filtration system and has unique and stylish design.
- True HEPA technology for advanced protection against allergens, pollens, mold spores and microbes.
- UV sterilization technique helps you to get rid off of harmful bacteria and virus.
- Air quality sensor with auto mode to guide you regarding the quality of air around you.
- Filter replacement indicator with three fan setting mode under frequency of 1,2,4 and 8 hours.
- Suitable to use for large area upto 430 square feet.
- Not a CADR rated product.
- Ionization function produces negative ions which could be little annoying for person with breath related problems.
- Operational cost could be little expensive because of higher cost of replacement filters.
Why to buy it?
The Biota Bot MM208 is a multifunctional air purifier which functions through seven stage filtration process to give you the best and pure quality of air. Its advanced capability to remove smoke, allergens and pollens and reduction of bad odors through various household activities makes it a perfect product to go for it.
MM208 is a specially designed product with modern technology to suit your air purification needs with the help of advanced seven stage filtration. Best air purifier to remove smoke and odor very efficiently. It’s a worth buying product for those who are looking for a stylish yet advanced air purification system at their indoors.
10. Honeywell 50250-S
Honeywell 50250-S is a smartly engineered air purifier which is capable to clean spaces up to 390 square feet and features True HEPA filtration to enable protection against smoke, pollens, airborne allergens, and microbes. It is also very effective in reducing household odors. A single unit of 50250-S measures 45.8*45.8*49.7 cm and weighs 9.53 Kg.
- Two stage filtration includes a carbon activated pre filter which is efficient in capturing larger particles like dust and help to reduce household odors. Second stage includes True HEPA filtration for advanced removal of 99.97% pollutants from the air along with protection against pollens, mold spores, allergens and microbes in the air.
- AHAR certified and CADR rated 250.
- Covers medium area upto 390 square feet.
- Circular design enables you to get 360 degree air filtration from every corner of your room.
- Filter replacement indicators.
- Lacks some of the modern standard features such as auto air quality sensors and timers.
- Produce noticeable noise at higher setting mode.
- Not apt for larger spaces.
- Energy consumption is quiet high at upper mode (185 W).
Why to buy it?
Honeywell 50250 S is a perfect appliance for those who want to buy a small and standard air purifier within stipulated budget along with easy maintenance. AHAR certified and CADR rated 250 is another factor which tells about its performance and quality.
If you are looking for an air purifier within budget and is capable of removing smoke and odor while ensuring protection against airborne allergens, microbes, pollens and mold spores, then Honeywell 50250 is a perfect choice for you.